I feel kinda bad that my last blog was a rant, and this will begin to focus on giving thanks. Oops! Maybe I should have been more focused on giving thanks the last time I wrote something!!
I had a major life changing event take place in my life on October 14th (hence the great length of time between posts!!), and while I will not go into details about it (ever. don't ask.), know that from this point forward my blog may be different.
For those of you that actually read it, my original intent was to focus on giving thanks (you can look in the archives)(I think). The blog sort of morphed into a day in the life of me. And now, while it will still be about a day in the life of me, it will be more God-focused.
God, the Creator of the universe, cares about me (and you!!). How can I not acknowledge what He has done for me!!
Last year for the month of November I posted something I was thankful for on Face Book everyday...this year, I am going to have to give credit where it is due and post Scripture.
If it weren't for the Word of God (the Bible) I would probably not be where I am today. It has healed my heart and soul. It has turned my mourning to dancing (or gladness because Baptists Do. Not. Dance.) ;) and my weeping to joy.
For this month of "Thanksgiving" I am going to post those (King James) Scriptures that have helped me most.
Since I am already late (and I do apologize for that)(refer to the part about a major life change) I have to do the first 5 here.
So, here goes....(anything in parenthesis is mine, not scripture)....
Day 1 Safety in the Lord (this passage sustained me for many days)(and still does, really)
Psalm 91:1-5,11-12, 14
1.He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2.I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3.Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night and the arrow that flieth by day;
11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways.
12. They shall bear thee up in the hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
14. Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Day 2 Charity is LOVE (I read this every day)
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4. Charity suffereth long (patient) and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself (boast), is not puffed up (proud).
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly (dishonor others), seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked (angered), thinketh no evil (keeps no record of wrongs).
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity (does not delight in evil), but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things (protects), believeth all things (trusts), hopeth all things (hopes), endureth all things (perseveres).
8. Charity never faileth.......
Day 3 Secret to perfect peace (who doesn't want peace?)
Thou (God) wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Day 4 Only God (my new focus in life is pleasing God)
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Day 5 Trust God (He has my complete trust in ALL things)
3. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
4. In God I will praise his word, in God have I put my trust; I will not fear what man can do unto me.
This is not a Scripture, but an amazing song that helped me immensely